Saturday 16 November 2013

Shirdi Sai Baba - Questions


Sai Baba on Prayer: 



Shirdi Sai Baba - Questions and Answers

Many questions are asked about Sri Shirdi Sai Baba at Shridi Sai Baba Prema Vahini Temple, Trivandrum, Kerala. Some of them with answers are given below:

How does Baba reach so many faraway places to reach to help the devotees? Does he hear the prayer of those devotees?
Baba Used to say many times over, “I am always concerned about those who remember me always. I need no vehicles or transportation. I simply manifest myself by the side of the person who remembers me and calls for my help intently”. And one of the commandments of Shirdi Sai Baba was, “My tomb shall bless and speak to the needs of my devotees”
To those devotees anxious to get things done by Baba, he would say, “Stay by me and keep quiet. I shall do the rest.”
H
ow will I get rid of my sins was a question often asked to Baba during his life time.
Baba would say, “Just keep on repeating my name, “Sai, Sai”.
Ego is the worst factor standing in the way of spiritual progress. He used to tell his devotees, “Do not take the doer ship of either good things or bad things. Be detached to every ‘karma’ -action- you do. The work is done by Allah and the fruits of action are also his. Spiritual progress is possible only if you take this dispassionate view”.
Many people complained to Baba that they were not able to properly meditate on his form. Baba’s response, “Before the start of meditation on my form concentrate on me deeply, and touch your head, your eyes, your nose, your ears, your mouth, your mouth, your chin, your shoulders, your heart, your abdomen, your knees and your feet. The result of meditation will not also accrue to you if you meditate without a proper posture or without a cloth spread on the floor”.
H
ow does one get knowledge about the SELF?
Shirdi Sai Baba told Bharam Uma Maheshwara Rao in Meditation this in 1979!
“Those who want to know the self should read the Easavaya Upanishad. This gives the knowledge about how to get out of the cycle of birth and death.
A
nd how to get over Calamities and miseries in life?
Baba further told Mr. Rao, “Shirdi is a holy place. Here you can perceive complete knowledge about me and my omnipotence. Don’t utter words which hurt others. Do only benevolent deeds. Those who completely surrender to me need not fear anything. If you keep your mind on me, you can forget the world of hunger and thirst. Consciousness of carnal pleasures fades away and truth radiates. Whoever has complete and whole hearted devotion in me shall tide over calamities and miseries. Be away from the worldly affairs”.

No comments:

Post a Comment